Driving To The Theatre
There is a free car park available close to the theatre with the entrance on Haley’s Terrace alongside the Yearsley Swimming Baths as shown on the map below. Drive through the first car park and park beyond the raised barrier.
The outgoing exit of the car park is onto Haxby Road.
Patrons that are Blue Badge holders may park on Haxby Road (which has double yellow lines around the area in front of the theatre).
Getting To The Theatre
From City Centre
- From the station head towards the river.
- Proceed along Station Avenue
- Follow the road to the right under the bar walls
- Immediately bear left and head over Lendal Bridge
- Proceed to the traffic lights and turn left.
- Pass the Theatre Royal on the right and stay in the right hand lane.
- At the next set of traffic lights go straight on, onto Gillygate
- Proceed to the next set of traffic lights (left hand lane) and go straight ahead onto Clarence Street
- At the next set of traffic lights (right hand lane) take the right hand fork onto Haxby Road
- Proceed along Haxby Road over a bridge, the theatre is situated on the right just beyond the Nuffield Hospital and before the roundabout
- For the Car Park take the 2nd exit off the roundabout then immediate left again and proceed through the first car park into the rear car park.
Total Distance 1.5 miles, approx 45 minutes walk.
From the York North Outer ringroad (A1237)
- Take the exit sign posted New Earswick.
- Continue through New Earswick
- Carry on down Haxby Road, following signs for York.
- At the roundabout outside the Nestlé Factory, take the first exit onto Haley’s Terrace then immediate left again and proceed through the first car park and into the rear car park.
From the South, East or West
- Head towards York via the A64, proceed to junction with A1237
- Follow the A1237 until reach the exit signposted New Earswick
- Follow directions as from the North.