Lighting & Visual Effects Information
Control and Dimmers
The lighting control board is a ETC Ion board which connects into a lighting sACN/Ethernet network and breaks out to a set of DMX Universes for controlling the dimmers and any intelligent fixtures. The lighting desk can be placed in the stage corner, upstairs at the very back of the theatre in the projector room, or at the rear of the stalls (this requires removal of seating and needs be arranged well ahead of time). During rehearsals the lighting desk is normally placed centrally in the auditorium. There are 72 dimmer circuits from a set of Zero88 Chilli series dimmers. 60 circuits are rated for 10 amps of resistive load, the remaining 12 circuits are rated at 16 amps.
All lighting sockets utilise 15A round pin unfused plugs and outlets.
The lighting points are arranged as follows:
- 3 stage lighting bars each with 16 circuits.
- The top and bottom cyclorama bars have 4 circuits each.
- 8 dip (floor) sockets each side of the stage spaced evenly from upstage to downstage
- 2 sockets are on each of the downstage perches
- 4 sockets in the orchestra pit
- 2 sockets at each end of the cyclorama
- 12 sockets in the roof void
- 10 sockets to each of the two front of house lighting platform. All of the lighting points are fully patchable
There are 2 Robert Juliat Buxie Follow-spots, with a colour changer pack, mounted on a tripod in the roof void. The follow-spots are unable to illuminate the very front of the stage apron (orchestra pit) or anywhere in the auditorium.
|3||500 W||CCT Minuette Floods|
|6||500 W||PAR 56s|
|2||650 W||CCT Minuette Profile Spot|
|6||650 W||Vision V650Z 14-33 Zoom Profile|
|14||800 W||Selecon SPX 15-35 Profile|
|16||800 W||Selecon SPX 25-50 Profile|
|10||1000 W||PAR 64s|
|5||1000 W||CCT Starlette 1000 Fresnels|
|4||1000 W||Selecon Rama PC|
|34||1000 W||Selecon Rama Fresnel|
Additionally there are the 2 sets of cyclorama lights which each consist of 6 sets of Chauvet Ovation B-1965FC units. The lower set are free standing and may be removed if the space is needed. The upper set is mounted on bar 19.
We keep a standard set of gels, gel frames for all lanterns, barn doors for fresnels, gobo holders, gobos and irises for profiles. The standard gobos we keep are listed on the downloads page; you may also bring in custom gobos.
The theatre also has:-
- 2 Doughty Tank Traps for placing lanterns at the side of the stage for side lighting
- 2 UV LED panels
- 1 Martin Jem ZR44 Hi-mass fog machine
- 2 Chauvet Hurricane Haze 2D haze machines
- 1 Le Maitre pyroflash 2 way controller.
- 1 Le Maitre pyroflash 6 way controller.
- 6 standard flash pods with cabling.
- 1 Mirror ball (16 inch) with motor and hanging mount
- 1 Mirror ball (50 cm) with motor and mount - this is too large to fly on stage
Please ensure that if you are going to make use of any of this equipment the stage manager is informed well (preferably 8 weeks) ahead of the hire to ensure equipment is available; in some cases licensing permission has to be obtained.
Hirers’ Lights and Electrical Equipment
Any electrical equipment that is to be plugged into the theatre electrical or lighting systems must be approved by the stage manager before use. The hirer is responsible for ensuring any electrical equipment brought is electrically safe and correctly labelled. Inductive loads must not be plugged into the dimmers.