Terms and Conditions for the Sale of Tickets
The customer's attention is particularly drawn to the provisions of Clause 2.
Table of Contents
- 1. Interpretation
- 2. Basis of contract
- 3. Tickets & Entry
- 4. Terms of Admittance
- 5. Cancellation
- 6. Delivery
- 7. Consents and Prohibitions
- 8. Liability
- 9. Data Protection
- 10. Third Parties
- 11. Governing Law
- 12. Jurisdiction
|"Conditions"||Means the conditions for the purchase of Tickets made between a Customer and The Theatre|
|"Customer"||The person or firm who purchases a Ticket from The Theatre|
|"Event"||Means any entertainment event or performance occurring at the Venue in respect of which Tickets are sold|
|"The Theatre"||Joseph Rowntree Theatre Limited, Haxby Road, York, YO31 8TA|
|"Promoter"||Means the entity which is staging/producing the Event.|
|"Staff"||Employees and volunteers of The Theatre|
|"Tickets"||Means any item which confirms the right to attend the Event|
|"Venue"||Joseph Rowntree Theatre, Haxby Road, York, YO31 8TA|
- 1.2.1A reference to a statute or statutory provision is a reference to it as amended or re-enacted. A reference to a statute or statutory provision includes any subordinate legislation made under that statute or statutory provision, as amended or re-enacted.
- 1.2.2Any phrase introduced by the terms including, include, in particular or any similar expression, shall be construed as illustrative and shall not limit the sense of the words preceding those terms.
- 1.2.3A reference to writing or written includes email.
2Basis of contract
- 2.1All Tickets are sold subject to availability and these Conditions.
- 2.2The order constitutes an offer by the Customer to purchase a Ticket in accordance with these Conditions.
- 2.3The order shall be deemed as accepted upon purchase of a Ticket. As such the Customer should read these Conditions prior to purchase.
- 2.4These Conditions apply to the contract to the exclusion of any other terms that the Customer seeks to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
- 2.5Customers may purchase tickets online at https://www.josephrowntreetheatre.co.uk. Completion of the booking process shall constitute an offer to purchase the Tickets subject to these Terms and Conditions. Acceptance of this offer will only take place once a Booking Confirmation has been sent to the registered email address, not when the credit/debit card is charged.
- 2.6If a Customer makes a group booking they accept these Terms and Conditions on behalf of all members of the group and are responsible for any payment which may be due as a result of any member of the group's actions.
3Tickets & Entry
- 3.1The price of all Tickets are specified on The Theatre website at https://www.josephrowntreetheatre.co.uk
- 3.2All Customers must produce a valid Ticket for the Event in order to gain entry to the Venue. All valid tickets must be retained by the Customer for the duration of the Event and made available for inspection on request by a member of Staff. Inability to produce a valid Ticket may lead to expulsion from the Venue.
- 3.3It is the Customer's responsibility to contact The Theatre if a Ticket is lost, damaged or destroyed. Duplicate Tickets may be issued at the discretion of The Theatre. In such instances photographic identification and proof of address may be requested.
- 3.4The Customer is responsible for ensuring that the information on their Ticket is correct. Customers are encouraged to bring any error to the attention of The Theatre as soon as possible.
- 3.5The Theatre will use reasonable endeavours to contact Customers if an Event is cancelled/postponed. It is the Customer’s responsibility to check for changes to the Event prior to attending.
- 3.6Children aged 4 and over shall require their own Ticket.
4Terms of Admittance
- 4.1The Theatre reserves the right to refuse admission to a Customer or to eject them from the Venue at any point during an event if in The Theatre's reasonable opinion a Customer's behaviour is not suitable for the Event. No Ticket refunds will be available is such instances. Such behaviour includes, but is not limited to, a Customer:
- 4.1.1acting in an aggressive manner;
- 4.1.2being abusive to, or compromising the safety of any member of Staff, Promoters’ representatives, performer or other Customer;
- 4.1.3distracting other Customers from enjoying the Event.
- 4.1.4being under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- 4.1.5any breach of these Conditions or statutory law.
- 4.2Customers are not allowed to smoke or use e-cigarettes at the Venue.
- 4.3Whist reasonable efforts shall be made by The Theatre to give warnings to Customers regarding special effects it is the responsibility of each individual to seek further information or medical advice.
- 4.4Mobile phones and any other electronic equipment (e.g. cameras) must be switched off during the Event and no unauthorised recording equipment is allowed in the Venue. Any unauthorised recordings or photographs may be confiscated and destroyed. Neither The Theatre nor the Promoter will be responsible for any loss sustained.
- 5.1No refunds are available unless the Event is cancelled, postponed or if the Event is materially changed. A material change in the context of these Conditions is a change which, in The Theatre's reasonable opinion, makes the Event materially different from that booked by a Customer. A cast change, use of understudies and alteration of running time are not considered a material change.
- 5.2Exchanges are permitted only within the same Event and no later than 5 days before the performance takes place. Exchanges are subject to a £1.00 per ticket administration charge.
- 5.3If an Event is cancelled Customers will be refunded the face value of the Ticket. The Theatre will endeavour to refund any monies by the same means as it was received.
- 5.4If an Event is postponed or rescheduled the Customer will be offered alternative Tickets. If the alternative Ticket is cheaper the Customer shall be reimbursed the difference. Conversely, if the alternative Ticket is more expensive the Customer shall pay the difference. If the Customer does not wish to take up the offer of an alternative Ticket then they shall be refunded the face value of the Ticket for the cancelled Event.
- 6.1If a Customer chooses to receive their Ticket by post or via the print-at-home facility then it is their responsibility to contact The Theatre if no ticket is received within 7 days of booking. If The Theatre is not notified of the non-receipt of the Ticket then no refund, alternative Ticket or duplicate Ticket shall be offered.
- 6.2Tickets shall be posted to the Customer by second class post within 48 hours of the booking being made. The Theatre will not accept any liability for any Tickets mislaid or lost by Royal Mail.
- 6.3A delivery fee of £1 per transaction shall be applied in addition to the Ticket price in respect of all Tickets sent from the Box Office to a UK address. For deliveries outside of the UK, Customers are encouraged to contact the Box Office to make additional arrangements.
- 6.4Any Tickets booked 7 days or less before the Event is scheduled to take place must collect their Tickets from The Theatre Box Office or request print at home tickets when booking.
- 6.5When collecting Tickets from The Theatre Box Office Customers may be required to provide photographic identification and proof of address.
7Consents and Prohibitions
- 7.1The resale of Tickets is prohibited. The Theatre takes no responsibility for the validity of Tickets purchased through unauthorised facilities.
- 7.2By purchasing a Ticket, Customers are deemed to consent to being filmed or photographed where the event or performance is being filmed or photographs taken.
- 8.1The Theatre shall not be responsible for any injury to the Customer or loss, theft or damage of Customer's belongings, other than that caused as a direct result of negligence or other breach of statutory duty.
- 8.2Subject to clause 8.1, The Theatre's total liability to the Customer, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Conditions shall be limited to the total amount paid for Tickets.
- 8.3Nothing in clause 8 excludes or limits liability for death, personal injury or fraud.
- 8.4Neither party shall be in breach of this Contract nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations under this Contract if such delay or failure result from events, circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control, such as power or equipment failure.
- 8.5Arrangements, including but not limited to, travel and accommodation, are booked at the Customer's risk and The Theatre shall not be liable for any additional costs associated with the cancellation of the Event.
- 9.1The Theatre may use your personal information together with other information for providing services marketing administration and training. We may also keep your information for a reasonable period in order to contact you about our services. Although you may decide by giving us notice in writing at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing materials. By accepting these terms you are giving your consent to these activities.
- 10.1No one other than a party to the Conditions shall have any right to enforce any of its terms.
- 11.1The Contract, and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
- 12.1Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with the Contract or its subject matter or formation.