The information regarding the current vacancies is given below, with a downloadable version of the same information available at the bottom of the page.
The Joseph Rowntree Theatre is looking for a Marketing Director to join the enthusiastic volunteers that run the highly successful community facility on Haxby Road. The theatre is a charity and a limited company and the successful applicant would become a trustee of the charity and director of the company. All trustee and board roles are unpaid, voluntary positions.
The successful applicant will replace the retiring holder of the position and there will be a short handover period. Once appointed, they will work with the other board members in managing the theatre. The Marketing Director will oversee and implement the theatre’s marketing strategy and generally manage the theatre brand in accordance with agreed policies already in place. They will also be responsible for ensuring appropriate & timely publicity of events that will keep the theatre in the public eye. In addition they will assist in the general management of the theatre by attending monthly board meetings and acting as a duty manager for some performances in rotation with other directors.
Built in 1935, and run by volunteers since 2001 the theatre enjoys the support of 150 volunteers who work either back stage or helping audiences to enjoy their night out or maintaining the appearance of the theatre building and grounds.
In the last year, the charity has expanded the use of the theatre by local amateur performing groups, dance schools and other community groups that regularly hire the 362 seat facility. As well as hiring the theatre to external groups the board also promote their own fund raising concerts and events.
Individuals interested in the role are invited to contact Dan Shrimpton, Chair of Trustees on 01904 501935 (option 5) to discuss the role.
Marketing Director Role Description
Working with supporting volunteers:
- Lead on the promotion of the theatre as a hire venue and seek out organisations to promote the facilities to.
- Lead on the creation, design and circulation of the seasonal brochure and other promotional material at the theatre and in local media.
- Obtaining external advertising content for the brochure to cover print costs.
- Lead on promotional material for Joseph Rowntree Theatre’s own fund raising concerts and other events as required.
- Develop content to promote the theatre and events including website content and social media.
- To maintain and update the theatre’s marketing plan.
- Managing the Joseph Rowntree Theatre brand in accordance with existing policy.
- Coordinate and support marketing volunteers as required.
- Act as Duty Manager at the Theatre in rotation with other directors
- Participate in the general management of the charity, attending monthly board meetings.