The theatre is on Haxby Road next to Nuffield Hospital, about a mile from the city centre. The postcode for Sat Navs is YO31 8TA.
Great news, there’s a bus stop right outside the theatre with frequent buses into and out of York. Check out https://www.itravelyork.info/buses to work out your route.
The theatre is just off the Orbital Track. Check out your route on https://www.itravelyork.info/uploads/York_Cycle_Map.pdf
York railway station has excellent national rail links and is about a mile and a half and a 45 minute walk from the theatre. You can check https://www.itravelyork.info/journey-planning/travel-options/trains for timetables and bookings.
Walking or Driving
From City Centre
- From main entrance of the station turn left.
- Proceed along Station Avenue.
- Follow the road as it curves to the right under the city walls.
- Immediately bear left, and head over Lendal Bridge.
- Proceed to the traffic lights and turn left (Visit York is on the right hand corner).
- Pass the Theatre Royal on the right and stay in the right hand lane.
- At the next set of traffic lights go straight on, onto Gillygate.
- Proceed to the next set of traffic lights (left hand lane) and go straight ahead onto Clarence Street.
- At the next set of traffic lights (right hand lane) take the right hand fork onto Haxby Road.
- Proceed along Haxby Road over a bridge. T,he theatre is situated on the right just beyond the Nuffield Hospital and before the roundabout
- For the car park, take the 2nd exit off the roundabout, then immediately left again, and proceed through the first car park into the rear car park. You'll see a brown tourist sign directing you from the roundabout.
From the York North Outer ring road (A1237)
- Take the exit sign posted New Earswick.
- Continue through New Earswick.
- Carry on down Haxby Road, following signs for York.
- At the roundabout outside the Nestlé Factory, take the first exit onto Haley’s Terrace then immediately left again and proceed through the first car park and into the rear car park.
From the South, East or West
- Head towards York via the A64, proceed to junction with A1237.
- Follow the A1237 until reach the exit signposted New Earswick.
- Follow directions as from the North.
Where can I park?
Not only can you park nearby, but it’s free. The postcode for maps or Satnav is YO31 8TA
The entrance is on Haley’s Terrace alongside the Yearsley Swimming Pool. You’ll need to drive through the first car park and park beyond the raised barrier. When you leave, the exit is onto Haxby Road
Blue Card Holder
If you are a Blue Badge holder, you can park outside the theatre on Haxby Road (which is doubled yellow lined). Please don't park directly in front of the theatre gates.