After being postponed earlier this year due to COVID-19, Roundhouse are delighted to announce that their Poetry Slam event will be going ahead, live streamed in front of an intimate audience from the Roundhouse. Could you be one of the finalists this year?
This year’s Slam final judges include writer and poet Anthony Anaxagorou, poet, editor and essayist Will Harris and Cultural Producer and writer Tobi Kyeremateng.
By taking part, you’ll get….
• The chance to showcase your talent in front of live and online audiences.
• The opportunity to make industry contacts, raise your profile and network with peers and professionals in the spoken word industry.
• Have the opportunity to compete for the title of Roundhouse Slam Champion and win a cash prize if you finish in the top three or win the audience vote.
• Finalists’ performances will be professionally filmed and uploaded to the Roundhouse YouTube Channel, which has over 16,000 subscribers. Past finalist videos have been reposted by global online publications and accumulated views in excess of 5 million.
• Cash prizes for the runners up
The Slam Heats will take place online via Zoom, with the hope of the final taking place live at the Roundhouse.
The application deadline is 26th October, midday.
For more information about the event and how to apply, visit the Roundhouse website.
We are halfway to raising our £10,000 Crowdfunder campaign target, but time is running out and we still need your help. Please donate today and make sure you don’t miss out on your reward – be it a personal tour backstage, your own theatre seat, afternoon tea on the stage, a teddy bear or a tote bag – there’s something for everyone who donates to the fund.
You'll be surprised how much is going on in our virtual theatre - plays, opera, festivals, musicals - don't miss out!